So I went to the grocery store yesterday and honestly I was more than a little excited to see that eggnog is back on the shelves. Of all the seasonal products, eggnog is probably my favorite. I mean, nothing beats an eggnog cocktail. Amiright?!! I’ve even made eggnog french toast which is as close to divinity as we’re gonna get in this life. As with any food that I love, it’s only a matter of time before I use it in a diy beauty treatment.
My hair has been suffering a little bit lately. I’m going to just go ahead and blame it on the weather getting colder. Impending Winter blues, y’all. Anyway, my hair has been pretty dry lately, and I’m noticing a fair share of split ends. No bueno. So last night, I made this hair remedy that I’m sure you’re gonna go gaga for. Seriously, the protein benefits of egg and the sweet smell of the holidays all in one easy to make hair treatment. What’s not to love?!
Holiday Eggnog Hair Mask
- 2 tbsp eggnog
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional, be aware that cinnamon has a lightening effect on the hair)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg white
- Add all ingredients into a glass jar
- mix well
- wash your hair normally, then work the mixture through damp hair
- cover with a towel or shower cap
- allow the mixture to penetrate your hair for about 20 minutes
- rinse hair thoroughly with warm water
The egg in this hair mask provides a much needed boost of protein for dry hair, while the honey and coconut oil help to moisturize and add shine to dull hair. If youfind that the mixture is a little too thin, just add more honey or nutmeg to thicken it up a bit.