I was taking stock of my medicine cabinet in preparation for my annual flu season overhaul. Every year, in fact, twice a year I replace the products in my medicine cabinet to keep them as fresh and effective as possible. I try my best to stick to natural, organic products that contain at least one or two of my five favorite essential oils: peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender, cinnamon, and orange. Fortunately, Mother Nature has us covered. Swap out your OTC medicines for these all natural, plant-based medicine cabinet essentials.
- Instead of Pain / Headache medication try Past Tense
- Instead of Nasal Decongestant, cold and flu medication or allergy relief medication try Breathe
- Instead of cough suppressant try Rosemary
- Instead of anti-itch lotion, sleeping aids, burn cream or cuts and scrapes disinfectant try Lavender
- Instead of mouthwash, add Peppermint to your homemade mouthwash recipe
- Instead of Immune system boost or sore throat medicine, try On Guard Blend. The Throat Drops are very handy for on the go
- Instead of upset stomach medication or heartburn medication try Digest Zen
- Instead of a sterilizing agent, try Purify. It also works great as a room freshener.
- Instead of whitening flouride toothpaste try On Guard toothpaste
- Instead of wart removal cream try Oregano
- Instead of athlete’s foot cream try Tea Tree Oil