“The best things in life are free. The second best things are very, very expensive” —Coco Chanel
Sometimes there’s a happy place where luxury is just affordable. This homemade botanical winter salt scrub is in that happy place. This scrub contains coconut oil, thyme essential oil, lavender essential oil, fine sea salt, and Epsom salt. Salts are packed with minerals which enhance the skin. The magnesium in Epsom salts reduce inflammation while the sulphates flush out toxins. Thyme essential oil stimulates blood flow. It helps heal bruises, sprains, and other injuries. The oil is antiseptic, antispasmodic, diuretic, and a good decongestant. Lavender essential oil is another natural antiseptic. It helps to regulate over-excretion of sebum, and over time can help visibly reduce scarring. Lavender also tones and firms skin by boosting circulation, supplying adequate oxygen and nutrition to skin cells. This helps in keeping skin cells healthy.
You guys, this scrub is a game changer. Add this into your weekly beauty routine to keep your skin smooth and hydrated all Winter long!
DIY Botanical Winter Salt Scrub
- ½ cup Coconut Oil (you can also substitute this with olive oil)*
- ¼ cup Fine Sea Salt*
- 1 cup Epsom Salt*
- 10-15 drops Lavender Essential Oil*
- 5-10 drops Thyme Essential Oil*
- In a small glass bowl, mix the salt and oil together (I use a fork to mix it)
- stir in essential oil until well blended
- store in an air tight glass container
- to use, simply spoon a small amount into your hands, gently rub it on your skin, and rinse it off with warm water
*The ingredient proportions here are just an approximation. I usually make these homemade products by eyeball the ingredients, so just play around with the proportions. The idea is that you don’t want the mixture to be too oily, or too crumbly!
Source: Cleanse by Hepzabeth