I’ve been obsessed with hemp seed oil lately. I mean, what’s not to love? It totally moisturizes without clogging pores and it leaves your skin feeling amazing for hours after you apply it. I’ve been adding in essential oils to address my particular skin concerns. I usually add some tea tree oil to keep breakouts under control. I also add lemon essential oil to even out my skin tone. This is the basic formula I use. Carrier Oil + Essential Oil = Skin-Perfect Moisturizer!
Everyone’s skin is different though, so here’s a list of oils ranging from lightest to heaviest (least likely to clog pores to most likely), to get you started on finding the perfect carrier oil for your skin type.
Moisturizing Carrier Oils
- hemp seed oil
- sunflower oil
- apricot kernel oil
- rosehip seed oil
- macadamia nut oil
- grapeseed oil
- sweet almond oil
- olive oil
- light sesame oil
- avocado oil
- castor oil
- jojoba oil
- coconut oil
- shea butter
- cocoa butter
Here’s a list of Essential Oil combinations by skin concern:
- every skin: lavender, geranium, rose, and ylang ylang
- dry skin: jasmine, chamomile, rosewood, and myrrh
- oily skin: bergamot, patchouli, orange, and rosemary
- acne-prone Skin: cedarwood, tea tree, lemon, and frankincense
- mature skin: carrot seed, rose hip seed, clary sage, and neroli
- 1/2c carrier oil (you can choose the oil from the list above)
- 30 drops essential oils (choose the combo from the list above)
- Simply combine your carrier oil and essential oils in a sealable glass container
- to apply, massage a generous amount of the moisturizer into your skin until completely absorbed
- the moisturizer will stay fresh for about three months, but I promise you’ll love it, so it won’t get the chance to stick around that long!
Do you have any combinations that you love or any that you want me to test out? Let me know!