Happy, Happy, Happy Monday, you guys!!! I’m floating on a cloud after the Super Bowl and the Patriots’ amaaaaazing performance. Side Bar: I’m a Giants fan by birth, but a total Patriots fan since high school. Anyway, I’m obvs in a celebratory mood and I don’t know about you, but I like to pamper myself when I’m this happy…also when I’m feeling down…or like pretty much all the time. So yeah. I had to come up with another yummy spa day DIY for you guys.
I’m missing warm weather like crazy, so the other day I made myself a carafe of cucumber water, because it always reminds me of summer in the city. The first time I had cucumber water was back in the day when I used to spend a small fortune going to spas around the city. While you’re in the waiting area, they serve you drinks like mimosas or cucumber water. Fancy fancy. I usually passed on the mimosas and soon discovered that there is no beverage in the world as refreshing as cucumber water, and when you add a sprig or two of mint…Madonn! Anyway, you know how I like to smear food on my skin, right? Well, I was sipping on this cucumber mint water while the Patriots were launching the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history, and I had the overwhelming urge to make the mother of all sugar scrubs. Thug life. You guys, cucumbers are the real deal. This Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub is everything!
Homemade Cucumber and Mint Body Scrub
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil (you can use liquid coconut oil, jojoba oil, or any other light oil of your choice)
- 1/2 of a fresh cucumber
- 1 fresh mint leaf
- 8-10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops Vitamin E oil
- In a blender, puree the cucumber and mint and set aside
- In a glass bowl, combine the sugar and oil, mixing well
- add the cucumber puree to your sugar/oil mixture
- next, add the drops of peppermint essential oil and Vitamin E oil
- transfer to an airtight glass bottle
- store it in your fridge for up to a week
- To use, apply generously and massage your damp skin in circular motions
***you can use a regular mouth mason jar instead of the blender carafe when you puree the cucumber. Your call. The mason jar is just more compact and easier to clean.