I’ve been super stressed lately. I can’t really put my finger on it, but I’ve had this general sense of anxiety and malaise for weeks now. This weekend was a particularly rough one, and I couldn’t really calm down long enough to get any rest. Sigh. So Sunday night, after all my efforts to chill had been exhausted, I decided to soak in a bath. I don’t know guys, lately I just really feel like I need a 24-hour hug. A warm bath is always the next best thing, so I whipped up this quick bath salts recipe and melted away in the tub. It was a total pick-me-up and my skin felt amazing. This is my new favorite and I’m pretty sure you’re gonna love it too!
Homemade Eucalyptus Oatmeal Bath Salts
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal, blended
- 1 cup unscented Epsom salt
- 1 tbsp unrefined sea salt
- 10-15 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- In blender, add uncooked oatmeal and lightly blend it until it’s almost flour
- in a glass container, mix together your blended oatmeal, epsom salt, and sea salt
- slowly add in the drops of eucalyptus
- store in a sealed glass container in a cool dry place for up to two months
- to use, just add 1-2 tablespoons to your bath water and relax
***If eucalyptus isn’t your thing, you can replace that essential oil with another soothing essential oil of your choice (lavender, chamomile, or peppermint all work well)
***You can also add fresh herbs like rosemary or lavender to this mixture, but be warned that the overall mixture won’t stay fresh for as long.