As if this needs any explanation. I mean seriously. Eggnog coated french toast?! It had me at hello. I was looking for some holiday brunch ideas, and I found this little gem. Full disclosure: I had these for dinner last night because, you know, I’m a rebel. Made just like traditional french toast (only with the extra oomph of eggnog) this is a super easy recipe. No excuses, you must try this!!!
Eggnog French Toast
- 6-8 slices of hard bread (slightly stale bread works great)
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter or cooking oil
- in a large bowl, whisk together eggnog, eggs, vanilla extract, and cinnamon
- soak the slices of bread one at a time so that they are completely coated
- in a heated pan, add butter or cooking oil
- cook the coated slices of bread until golden brown on the first side
- flip and repeat until both sides are golden brown
- serve with warm maple syrup
Source: A Beautiful Mess
2 thoughts on “Try This—Eggnog French Toast”
Uhr Muhr Gawd! I may have to be a bit rebellious tonight as well!
Hahaha! I hope you enjoy!