So I was going over this year’s Thanksgiving menu with my sisters and I was shocked by the total lack of pumpkin on the list. In my attempt to not over do it on the Fall staple, I had completely left it out. No bueno. Still, our menu is pretty much set, and we’ve already done most of the shopping. I really didn’t want to add another dish, let alone cooking time, to our already overflowing list of things to do. Totally stressed out. Sometimes the answer is chocolate, but this time the answer is definitely alcohol. I’ve been meaning to try out a tasty Thanksgiving cocktail and this recipe does not disappoint. It’s not too sweet and has the perfect Turkey Day punch of pumpkin flavor that our menu was screaming for. You must try this!
Thanksgiving Perfect Pumpkin Martini
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1/4tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3tbsp vodka
- 2tbsp half & half
- 1tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4tsp vanilla extract
- combine the sugar and half of the pumpkin pie spice on a small plate
- dip the rim of the martini glass in a bit of water and then in the sugar and spice mixture to coat the rim
- in a martini shaker filled with ice, combine the remaining ingredients (including the other half of the pumpkin pie spice), and shake vigorously for at least 20 seconds
- strain into the prepared glass
Source: Pumpkin Martini
2 thoughts on “Try This—Thanksgiving Perfect Pumpkin Martini”
This sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing.
Thanks, Koko!!! I really hope you like it!