There really isn’t much to say about this quick bread that can’t be said by tasting it. If Fall were just one simple bread then this would be it. Pears, hazelnuts, orange-y maple goodness. I mean, seriously, this is one for the record books. I made this over the weekend and I was able to freeze some for a quick and easy breakfast throughout the week. I just heat it and add a little ricotta cheese a la this awesome recipe. You must try this!
Pear Hazelnut Bread with Orange Maple Glaze
- 1 cup shredded peeled pears (about 2 medium, squeezed dry)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. Grease parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together shredded pear oil, yogurt, eggs and orange vanilla extract.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, hazelnuts, cloves, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, baking soda and orange zest. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold gently. Mix until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake bread until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes.
- Let bread cool in pan for about an hour and then remove from the pan.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, maple syrup, and orange juice in a small bowl. Top cooled cake with glaze and let set for 20 minutes before serving.
Source: Blahnik Baker