I was standing in the grocery store deep in thought. Okay, so it wasn’t exactly as intense or deep as all that. I was just trying to decide between the variety of canned coconut milk brands in front of me. I had narrowed it down to three different ones. Then I remembered that Pink Floyd song Pigs (Three Different Ones)… I stood there in the grocery aisle singing the lyrics in my head, “ha ha, charade you are…” Then I started thinking about the difference between the way English people say the word charade and the way Americans say it… I laughed to myself… I still hadn’t decided between the three cans… Sigh… I bought them all. Sometimes my train of thought is a little manic.
It took me so long to pick up coconut milk that by the time I got home, I had forgotten why it was so necessary for me to run to the store to get that coconut milk in the first place. Luckily, I’m never strapped for ideas when it comes to random food items. My mind is crazy like that. When in doubt, I just experiment with homemade beauty recipes. I took those cans of coconut milk and whipped up some seriously intoxicating spa day treats (three different ones).
1. Coconut Milk Sugar Scrub
- 1/2c coconut milk
- 1/2c raw sugar
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar
- Make sure your coconut oil isn’t solid so that it’s easier to mix
2. Lavender Coconut Milk Body Wash
- 1/4c coconut milk
- 1/3c Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap, Lavender
- 5 drops lavender essential oil, (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well
- The ingredients tend to separate, so be sure to give it a good stir before each use
3. Oatmeal Coconut Milk Face Mask
- 1/2c old fashioned oatmeal
- 1.5c coconut milk
- 1tbsp honey
- combine all ingredients in a glass bowl
- apply to a clean face
- allow the mask to work its magic for 15-20 minutes
Have you tried coconut milk in your homemade beauty products? What’s your favorite recipe?
2 thoughts on “DIY Coconut Milk Spa Recipes (3 Different Ones)”
Listening to Pink Floyd while catching up on my blog backlog!!! Thanks!
Such a great band!