These are amazing! I found this recipe on Let the Baking Begin and I just love it. This is the perfect special occassion/breakfast in bed recipe! Father’s Day is right around the corner and this recipe will make the special men in your life feel like they’re king for a day!
- 32 oz (900 grams) whole milk Ricotta Cheese (about 4 cups)
- 1 egg
- ½ – ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose Flour + more for shaping the ricotta pancakes
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Combine the ricotta cheese with the egg and mix until the egg is well incorporated (if using vanilla add it with the egg); add the sugar and mix again; add flour and the baking powder and with minimal amount of mixing bring everything together into a smooth mass.
- Using a tablespoon or a large ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture then drop it into the flour. Coat the ball in flour, then gently shape into a flat patty about ½ inch thick. You can shape them all and then fry the ricotta pancakes, or shape enough to fill the pan and while they’re frying continue shaping the rest.
- To fry the pancakes add about 1 tablespoon of oil to a skillet and heat over low-medium heat. Add ricotta pancakes in, cover with lid and fry for about 2-3 minutes per side or until well browned on both sides.
- Serve warm with a side of sour cream and a jam of choice.