Here’s a recipe that serves as a base for all natural, homemade body butters. Once you master this recipe, you’ll be able to make your favorite body butters at home for a fraction of the price!
Homemade Whipped Body Butter
- 1/2 cup each of organic
- cocoa butter
- shea butter
- coconut oil
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of essential oils
- Add cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and olive oil into a double boiler. If you do not have one, use a glass or metal bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Heat until melted, mixing with whisk. Remove whisk and put mixture into fridge for one hour or until firm.
- With hand mixer, whip oils until creamy and light. Add essential oils and mix again.
- Spoon your body butter into glass jars. Mixture may seem a bit moist after whipping but will firm up after a few minutes.
***Essential oils are what give this body butter its ‘flavor’ and there are so many combinations to choose from!
Try these combos:
- rose+ylang ylang
Source: Homemade Whipped Body Butter – Lia Griffith
3 thoughts on “DIY Homemade Whipped Body Butter—Spa Days at Home”
This sounds amazing!
It really is! Let me know how you like it and what your favorite essential oil combo is!
Very nice DIY!