Homemade Whipped Body Butter
- 1/2 cup each of organic
- cocoa butter
- shea butter
- coconut oil
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of essential oils
- Add cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and olive oil into a double boiler. If you do not have one, use a glass or metal bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Heat until melted, mixing with whisk. Remove whisk and put mixture into fridge for one hour or until firm.
- With hand mixer, whip oils until creamy and light. Add essential oils and mix again.
- Spoon your body butter into glass jars. Mixture may seem a bit moist after whipping but will firm up after a few minutes.
***Essential oils are what give this body butter its ‘flavor’ and there are so many combinations to choose from!
Try these combos:
- rose+ylang ylang