Sriracha Recipe – Homemade Chili Sriracha Hot Sauce
Makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup thai red chili peppers
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 medium finely chopped shallots (or small red onions)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 – 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Bragg’s
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Sugar
- Cut all of the stems from your chili peppers and rinse. Dry in a paper towel. Wear kitchen gloves!!! For real, the chili peppers will stay on your fingers and burn you when you least expect it!
- In sauce pan, preheat vegetable oil and add minced garlic and shallots.
- saute for about 3 minutes
- Add tomato sauce and minced chili peppers. Bring it to a simmer on medium heat (about 3 minutes)
- Lower your heat and add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Stir.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Use a blender to further liquefy the sauce.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.