You guys already know how much I love using honey in my skin care routine! So I just couldn’t resist sharing this Homemade Milk and Honey Body Wash recipe. Four simple ingredients will leave your skin feeling fresh, clean, soft, and incredibly moisturized. Check it out!
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup liquid castile soap
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 7 drops of essential oil (peppermint or lavender for a calming experience, lemon or orange for a pick-me-up)
- 2 tsp vegetable glycerin, optional
- 1 liquid soap dispenser or bottle
- Combine all the ingredients in a bottle. Shake the ingredients together until the honey is fully dissolved.
- Shake the bottle before each use. Use on either a sponge or washcloth.
This body wash has a very short lifespan since it lacks preservatives, so it’s best to keep this body wash in the fridge and just pull out a little as needed. I use this within 2 weeks and freeze the extra, if needed. If you’d like to extend the shelf-life and create a recipe that can be stored at room temperature, replace the coconut milk with distilled or boiled and cooled water.
Source: DIY Homemade Milk and Honey Body Wash – Live Simply
4 thoughts on “DIY Milk and Honey Body Wash: Spa Days at Home”
You should follow @livesimplymom on instagram. She has amazing photos.
This looks and sounds delightful. I can imagine how wonderful it must smell too! Thank you for sharing. 🙂
You’re gonna love it!