Start your day off right with this super healthy blueberry, avocado, and chia breakfast pudding!
I’ve really been on my breakfast grind lately. I find that when I eat a nutrient dense breakfast it pretty much sets the tone for the rest of the day. I have more energy and come lunch and dinner time, I make better choices. I’m an oatmeal and smoothie warrior when it comes to breakfast. Oatmeal and smoothies check all the boxes for me. They’re the quickest, easiest, and most nutritious breakfast staples to make in the throes of a hectic morning. Anyway, I got to thinking how dope it would be to make a breakfast pudding, because, ya know, dessert for breakfast is always the goal. Turns out breakfast pudding is the dopest of dope especially when you combine the antioxidant power of blueberries with the superfood power of avocado and chia. You must try this!
Blueberry, Avocado, and Chia Breakfast Pudding
makes 2 servings
one serving= 296 calories, 19 grams of fat, 34 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of protein
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk (I’ve been swimming in Oatly lately)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, or honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground or whole chia seeds
- combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- divide pudding into 2 small ramekins or cups
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the chia to thicken before serving
Source: The Iron You