Aloe is giving me life lately. All I can say is that I’ve never been more impressed with a natural skin care ingredient than I have with aloe. I’ve been whipping up all kinds of amazing little homemade beauty products using everything from fresh aloe to aloe vera gel, and even aloe vera powder (yes that’s a thing!). Anyway, I’ve been preparing my skin for the cold weather that’s just around the corner. It’s so important to transition your skin care routine with the changing of the seasons, but through it all aloe vera is a mainstay.
This particular scrub/mask recipe unleashes the detoxifying and moisturizing power of aloe vera and pairs it with the detoxifying and toning powers of clay and witch hazel. If that isn’t enough, the addition of hibiscus tea leaves gives this scrub/mask a boost of antioxidants that improves the overall clarity of the skin. What really takes this recipe over the top is the creamy, mousse-like texture. Like, you really feel all kinds of spa type luxury when you smooth this over your skin. The recipe makes a little bit more than you really need for your face alone, but trust me when I say it won’t go to waste. You’ll want this all over your body!
Aloe Rose and Hibiscus Skin Scrub + Mask
- 2 tbsp witch hazel rose petal toner (find it here)
- red clay (find it here) *for sensitive skin, you may want to try green clay
- aloe vera juice (find it here)
- hibiscus tea leaves (find them here)
- Add hibiscus tea leaves to witch hazel and let the hibiscus steep for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix hibiscus in with clay until fully distributed.
- Add in aloe vera juice slowly, until the whole mix becomes fluffy and spreadable.
- Apply to clean skin, exfoliating first is a good idea.
- For a mask: Apply to skin and leave on for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and washcloth, tone, and moisturize.
- For a scrub: Start with clean skin and take a dime sizes amount and scrub in circular motions to cleanse, exfoliate, and detoxify.
- Rinse with warm water and washcloth, tone, and moisturize
Source: the Free Spirited