These power bars are packed with protein, healthy fats, and carbs giving you a much needed post workout boost, or midday snack. I’ve spent a small fortune on those Kind bars and Quest bars until I finally figured out that I could make these snacks at home with very little effort. Best part: I actually know what’s in them. No guess work, just a simple healthy snack that tastes great and stays fresh in the fridge and the freezer! Winning! You must try this!
Homemade Oatmeal Almond Power Bars
ingredients (makes about 12 bars)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 5 medjool dates
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. boiling water
- Place almonds and oats in food processor (I use my trusty Nutribullet) and blend until you have a coarse crumb.
- Add cacao powder, cranberries, and dates and blend again.
- Begin adding the boiling water, a little at a time and continue blending, until the mixture becomes well incorporated and forms a ball.
- Press the dough into a baking tin lined with wax or parchment paper and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours before slicing into bars.
- For grab and go storage, wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
***Because all of the ingredients have a super long shelf life, you can store them on the counter top for several days, in the fridge for several weeks, and in the freezer for up to 6 months. Trust me when I say you’ll eat them all long before you run into any shelf life issues.
***Each bar contains about 200 calories.
This recipe is delicious, but there are so many ways to customize these energy bars. Check out this neat infographic to get you started!