Remember when I put red wine and cherries in my yogurt? Mmm. Totally necessary, because wine for breakfast. Anyway, you know me, it was only a matter of time before I decided to whip up a face mask inspired by that deliciousness. Before you get concerned like you gotta plan an intervention for me, I have to tell you that wine is not only delicious, it’s actually really good for your skin.
Wine contains resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant that fights signs of aging. I like to call it reverse-it-all because when applied topically, resveratrol virtually erases wrinkles and sun damage. You can read more about the benefits of resveratrol here.
The best thing about this beauty recipe is that after you make it and apply it to your face, you can enjoy a nice glass of wine while you wait for the mask to work it’s magic. Win-Win!
Anti-Aging Red Wine Facial Mask
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup kaolin clay (find it here)
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- In a glass bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well
- Apply to your face and neck
- Let the mask dry (about 10-15 minutes)
- Rinse with warm water
Just a couple of notes on this mask…
- I used CK Mondavi red wine because it’s what I had on hand, but I’m sure any red wine will do
- It felt a little drying to my skin the first time I made it so the second time around I added a little bit of honey and a little bit of plain, whole fat yogurt (I’m guessing about 2 tbsp of each, but I didn’t measure, I just tried to keep the same consistency as the original mask)