This milk bath recipe is the starting point for pretty much any milk bath spa treatment you’ll create at home. It’s simple, has a super long shelf life, and leaves your skin feeling absolutely silky smooth. Bathing in milk is said to reduce wrinkles and scars, as milk is a natural and gentle exfoliant. You can stick to this basic formula or create a wide variety of spa treatments with the use of different additives.
DIY Gentle Exfoliating Milk Bath
- 1/3 cup powdered milk
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2-3 drops essential oil of your choice
- pour the powdered milk and cornstarch into a clean jar with a tight fitting lid
- shake well
- add the essential oil and shake to thoroughly incorporate
- If the mixture clumps, use your fingers to dissolve the lumps
- to use, simply put the mixture under running bath water and swish it around to disperse it in the tub
***You can double or triple this recipe and store it indefinitely by leaving out the essential oil. Just store the combined powdered milk and cornstarch in a airtight container. When you’re ready to use it, add 1/2 cup of the mixture to your bath. Then add the essential oil to the tub separately after swishing in the combined powders.