As if guacamole needed any more help being delicious, here’s a recipe that will totally knock your socks off! I usually mix in fresh corn into my guacamole, but last night I decided to skip the corn and just throw in some fresh berries! The result was amazing. I used four avocados and I am not ashamed to say that I ate more than half of the bowl. Barbecue season is officially here (in NYC at least…sorry, Aussie friends). But whatever the season, you can wow your friends and family with this summer fruit guacamole!
Summer Fruit Guacamole
- 4 ripe avocados (2 pounds total)
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- fresh serrano chiles, finely chopped (seeds included)
- fresh lime juice (I used a little less than 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (Cut into quarters)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantr0
- Halve, pit, and peel avocados
- Mash in a bowl (I use a fork because I like my guac on the chunky side)
- Stir in onion, chiles, lime juice, and salt
- fold in the sliced strawberries
- Season with salt and a few more squirts of lime juice
***I used strawberries because that’s what I had on hand, but be daring! Try this recipe with the fruit of your choice…mango, maybe?!!
Image Credit: Simply Recipes